Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2016

December 2016 CTMH's Stamp of the Month

Close to My Heart's



Thoughtful Flowers, Set of 14- $17.95 S1612 
Each month you can purchase a new D-size Stamp set, available for that month only, for just $5! When you place an order of $50 or more in Close to My Heart products, you qualify for this special Stamp of the Month pricing. This set is only available December 1-31, 2016

Recommended Blocks: 1" x 31/2" (Y1002) and 2" x 2" (Y1003)

Here is my card I choose to go simple but took an opportunity to do some water coloring and played with a knock out and used Monochromatic coloring for each flower.



I first cut out the shape/size out of watercolor paper. I laid out the stamps from the Dec SOM on the block allowing some to protrude off the paper sides. I stamped the images using the Archival Black Ink so the black ink wouldn't bleed when I applied the watercolor paint. I then proceeded to paint the images with the Watercolor paints.


I water colored each flower in Monochromatic (Different shades or hues of the same color) so one all the blues, the next all the yellows and then all the pinks.



Using the same stamp's on the same block I stamped onto the card base in regular black ink the image exactly as it was on the watercolor paper.I masked out the area I wanted to stamp the Sentiment "Thinking of You" I then filled in around it with the other flower stamps from the set. I popped up the Sentiment block leaving a slight border around it in white from where I masked off the area. I then adhered the water color piece directly to the card base lining it up with the stamped images below.



Supply List
Stamping Technique ~ Knock out or Masking
  • S1612 Thoughtful Flowers December 2016 Stamp of the Month
  • Z3132 Watercolor Paints
  • Z3188 Paintbrush Set
  • Z679 Liquid Glass
  • Z3091 Pink Enamel Gems
  • Z1263 Bitty Sparkles
  • X5785 Lemon Cardstock
  • Z3146 Watercolor Paper
  • X254 White Card & Envelope Value Pack
  • Z2805 Black Ink Pad
  • Z3271 Archival Black Ink Pad
  • Z1151 3-D Foam Tape


Here are some more samples of using the Thoughtful Flowers December 2016 Stamp of the Month.


Created by Robyn Holfeltz



Supply List
Stamping Technique ~ Bleaching (download the technique sheet here)

Created by Kendra Halverson


Supply List
  • S1612 Thoughtful Flowers December 2016 Stamp of the Month
  • Z899 Memento Black Ink
  • X5784 Willow Cardstock
  • X5772 Canary Cardstock
  • X7213B City Sidewalk
  • Z2452 Golden Yellow Shin Han Marker
  • Z2462 Peony Purple Shin Han Marker
  • Z2466 Vivid Green Shin Han Marker
  • Z2454 Leaf Green Shin Han Marker
  • Z1263 Bitty Sparkles
  • Z3094 Poppy Twine


Created by Sundi Hendrix


Like what you see here at Nina's Art Spot?
Sign up for our Newsletter HERE or
Visit us on FacebookInstagramEtsyPinterest,
PeriscopeYouTube, SnapChat or Twitter.
I'm on all things as
Nina's Art Spot











No comments:

Post a Comment