Pages

Friday, August 12, 2016

New Product Highlight: Rustic Home Fundamentals

Today I want to highlight the Rustic Home Fundamentals. I was floored by the quality and diversity of these papers. This paper pack comes with 12 sheets of 12" x 12" paper (2 each of 6 designs). Some are in Kraft paper, one on vellum with copper foil accents.

I immediately fell in love with them. For my first attempt at playing with this paper I tackled a 24 card Thank You workshop. 

24 Thank You Card Workshop Created by Karen Pedersen

Now of course I had to spice it up a bit from the original intended workshop. I will of course list the changes I made so you can make your own decisions if you want to recreate these for yourself. I still made 24 cards but instead of using the Hearts Thin Cuts (Z3260, pg 79 of your AI) I used my Cricut.



Here is my Supply list:
  • Rustic Home Fundamentals - Z3262, pg 29
  • 24 White Daisy Cards & Envelopes - X254, pg 101
  • 2 Sheets White Daisy Cardstock - 1385, pg 95
  • 1 pk Enchantment Cardstock - X5781, pg 98
  • Versamark Ink Pad - Z891, pg 106
  • Ranger White SuperFine Embossing Pwd - Z2068, pg106
  • Pearl White Embossing pwd - CTMH no longer carries
  • Happy Hearts Stamp Set - A1192, 49
  • Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge - no longer available
Now the Art Philosophy Cartridge is no longer available for sale but I'm sure there are other cartridges with equally usable hearts for this project. On page 26 of the Art Philosophy book I found one that will cut an outline and do a solid. I chose my large heart to be 3", my medium heart to be 2 1/2" and my small heart to be 1 1/2". Because the cricut cuts out the center on the outline you can spice it up and use the slightly different heart shape as well. 

Here are each of the cards close up from this work shop doing it My Way = Spicy!



I choose not to do any distressing on the card stock pieces. I carried that throughout the entire workshop.





On card #3 I choose not to back the vellum with the Peacock cardstock. I felt it looked too dark. 


In this image of card #4 you can really see the raised design on the kraft paper.


On card #5 I left off the white strip at the bottom. I felt it was too distracting. You can see I choose a different size poppy and saffron hearts for the focus.





On card #7 I tried using some old pearl embossing powder on the stamped hearts I wasn't thrilled with how it looked against the bright of the White Daisy cardstock and White embossing powder. On the 3 of this design I changed out and played with the die cut hearts getting a variety of different "looks" out of each of them. 


On card #8 was the only place where I found a bit of a cutting discrepancy on the workshop instructions. They call for these each to be cut at 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" but doing that as you can see left no room to leave space between each of the square's. I choose to butt them up to each other rather than trim each of the pieces down to 1" x 1 1/4".

I hope you have enjoyed this New Product Highlight! It sure was fun creating and playing with these new products!

No comments:

Post a Comment